Projects per year
My research focus is concerned with global and regional climate change on scales of 100 years in the past, to 100 years in the future. Specifically, I research how climate change alters the atmospheric circulation, extreme events, and impacts on human health. I look at attribution of past climate trends and extreme events, and projected changes under future greenhouse gas emission scenarios. My particular focus at the moment is on how low emission scenarios, consistent with the aims of the Paris Agreement on climate change, may impact society through changes in health (heat waves, cold snaps).
Focused research topics include:
- Stratospheric dynamics (mainly the polar vortex)
- Mid-latitude dynamics and the relationship to extreme weather.
- Temperature related health issues.
- Attribution of past climate, and projections of future climate.
- Extreme value statistics.
- Planetary atmospheres in the solar system.
Structured keywords and research groupings
- Cabot Institute Water Research
- Cabot Institute Food Security Research
- Cabot Institute Natural Hazards and Disasters Research
- Cabot Institute Environmental Change Research
- 1 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
14/11/22 → 14/03/23
2/11/20 → 1/11/23
Lo, Y. T. E., Mitchell, D. M., Watson, P. A. G. & Screen, J. A., 20 Jan 2023, (Accepted/In press) In: Geophysical Research Letters.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article (Academic Journal) › peer-review
Mitchell, D. M. & Lo, Y. T. E., 4 Aug 2022, In: The BMJ. 378, p. o1940 o1940.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Comment/debate (Academic Journal)Open Access
Lo, Y. T. E., Mitchell, D. M., Thompson, R., O'Connell, E. & Gasparrini, A., 3 Feb 2022, In: Environmental Research Letters. 17, 2, 13 p., 024017.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article (Academic Journal) › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile5 Citations (Scopus)117 Downloads (Pure)