Projects per year
- Community-engagement/Service-learning appraoches and pedegogy
- Community researchers and community researcher training
- Co-production: method and ethics
- Parenting support and intervention approaches in the UK
- The role of the third-sector in parenting support and intervention
- Intimate-partner violence in young people and approaches to intervention in the UK
- Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities programme
- Accrediting Community Engagement: A Bristol Approach to Service-Learning (PI). 2018-2019, Bristol Institute for Learning and Teaching (BILT).
- Productive Margins: Regulating for Engagement (Senior Research Associate). 2013 - 2018, ESRC/AHRC.
- Community-Based Researchers - Making Co-production Happen (PI). 2017-2018, CC Catalyst Fund
- Girls Making History.(Project Lead). 2014 - 2015, EPSRC. (High Commendation from University of Bristol Engage Awards 2014/15)
- Gender Based Violence and Displacement. (methodological consultant). 2017 - 2019, ESRC/AHRC.
- Negotiating the Regulatory Terrain, The Role of the Third Sector in Developing and Delivering Parenting Intervention Programmes in the UK. Co-produced with Race Equality Foundation and Single Parent Action Network. PhD research - ESRC Funded UoB Law School.
Structured keywords and research groupings
- Teaching Innovation Grant
- Service-learning and community engagement
- Widening particpation
- Families and Parenting
- Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities
- Parenting Programmes
- Co-designing family support
- Third sector organisations
22/03/21 → 31/07/21
1/09/18 → 1/09/19
Howard, M. & Thomas-Hughes, H., 2 Jun 2020, In: Qualitative Research. 18 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article (Academic Journal) › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile53 Downloads (Pure)
Thomas-Hughes, H., 2020, Imagining Regulation Differently: Co-creating for engagement. McDermont, M., Cole, T., Newman, J. & Piccini, A. (eds.). Policy Press, p. 43-48 6 p. (Connected Communities).
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Chapter in a book
Barke, J., Thomas-Hughes, H. & Howard, M., 22 Sep 2020, In: Research for All. 4, 2, p. 169-179
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article (Academic Journal) › peer-reviewOpen Access
Thomas-Hughes, Helen J (Recipient) & Penny Evans (Recipient), 2015
Prize: Other distinction
7 Dec 2017
Activity: Participating in or organising an event types › Participation in conference
Helen Thomas-Hughes (Chair)1 May 2017 → 5 May 2017
Activity: Talk or presentation types › Public talk, debate, discussion