Projects per year
I am interested in the interactions between marine plankton ecosystems, biogeochemistry, the carbon cycle and climate. I primarily develop and use numerical models of ocean biogeochemistry and the Earth system.
Current research areas:
- Implications of processes affecting organic carbon fluxes in the twilight zone (mesopelagic) for future changes in carbon fluxes and NPP (AXA Research Fund Fellowship). (Wilson et al., 2012) (AXA Research Fund Profile)
- Developing and using the EcoGEnIE model - a trait-based ecosystem model coupled with an Earth system model. (Wilson et al., 2018)
- Dynamics of plankton ecosystems, biogeochemistry and climate in past climates, e.g., impact of mass extinction events on biogeochemistry, plankton ecosystems in warm climates, evolution of plankton through time. (Wilson et al., 2018 - publicly available lecture) (Gibbs et al., 2018 - Featured on SciShow on YouTube)
- Developing and using biogeochemical models based on the Transport Matrix Method (a method of diagnosing steady-state ocean transport). (Wilson et al., 2019)
- The role of dissolved organic carbon (DOC) in marine biogeochemistry and the carbon cycle. (Wilson & Arndt 2017)
Structured keywords and research groupings
- Cabot Institute Environmental Change Research
- 1 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
Linking Marine Plankton Ecosystems and Climate: A New Modeling Approach to the Warm Early Eocene ClimateWilson, J. D., Monteiro, F., Schmidt, D., Ward, B. & Ridgwell, A., 21 Dec 2018, (E-pub ahead of print) In: Paleoceanography and Paleoclimatology. 33, 12, p. 1439-1452 14 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article (Academic Journal) › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile12 Citations (Scopus)247 Downloads (Pure)
Sensitivity of atmospheric CO2 to regional variability in particulate organic matter remineralization depthsWilson, J. D., Barker, S., Edwards, N., Holden, P. B. & Ridgwell, A., 31 Jul 2019, In: Biogeosciences. 16, 14, p. 2923-2936 13 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article (Academic Journal) › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile3 Citations (Scopus)287 Downloads (Pure)
Wilson, J. D. & Arndt, S., 14 Jun 2017, In: Global Biogeochemical Cycles. 31, 5, p. 775–786 12 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article (Academic Journal) › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile11 Citations (Scopus)533 Downloads (Pure)