Projects per year
- Popular music studies (especially hip-hop)
- Musical borrowing
- Film music and other forms of audio-visual intermediality (e.g. YouTube)
- Jazz (history, arranging, analysis and composition)
- The singer-songwriter
- Intersections between progressive rock and jazz 'fusion' in the 1970s
- Digital patronage
- Music and geography
- Mobility and sound studies
- The analysis of record production
11/01/21 → 10/01/24
Williams, J., 10 Dec 2020, Oxford University Press, New York. 224 p.
Research output: Book/Report › Authored book
Polystylism and Stylistic Adaptation in 1970s Jazz-Rock: The Case of Return to Forever’s “Duel of the Jester and the Tyrant (Part I & Part II)”Williams, J., 23 Dec 2020, In: Jazz Perspectives. 12, 2, p. 181-205 26 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article (Academic Journal) › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile
Scheding, F., Scott, D. B., Levi, E., Williams, J., Tackley, C., Western, T. & Scheding, F. (ed.), 29 Nov 2018, In: Twentieth Century Music. 15, 3, p. 439-492 54 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article (Academic Journal) › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile431 Downloads (Pure)
25 Mar 2019
Activity: Talk or presentation types › Festival, exhibition, performance
Justin A Williams (Participant)24 May 2018
Activity: Participating in or organising an event types › Invited talk