Projects per year
I am a Consultant Senior Lecturer in Public Health with interests in:
- pharmacoepidemiology, in particular psychiatric adverse drug reactions (depression, non-fatal self-harm and suicide) associated with varenicline, a smoking cessation medicine and antidepressants
- use of large primary care databases such as the Clinical Practice Research Datalink (CPRD) for observational research including novel study designs for dealing with confounding by indication such as instrumental variables and case only designs
- substance dependence and addiction (prescription opioid dependence)
- mental health research (suicide and self-harm) and suicide prevention
- trends in suicide in the UK and internationally
- 1 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
- 1 Finished
Open AccessFile1 Citation (Scopus)27 Downloads (Pure)
Comparative clinical effectiveness and safety of tobacco cessation pharmacotherapies and electronic cigarettes: a systematic review and network meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsThomas, K. H., Dalili, M. N., López-López, J. A., Keeney, E., Phillippo, D. M., Munafò, M. R., Stevenson, M., Caldwell, D. M. & Welton, N. J., 8 Mar 2022, In: Addiction. 117, 4, p. 861-876 16 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Review article (Academic Journal) › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile1 Citation (Scopus)27 Downloads (Pure)
Using primary care databases for addiction research: An introduction and overview of strengths and weaknessesKotz, D., O'Donnell, A., McPherson, S. & Thomas, K. H., 22 Jan 2022, In: Addictive behaviors reports. 15, 8 p., 100407.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Review article (Academic Journal) › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile1 Downloads (Pure)