Projects per year
I am a Consultant Senior Lecturer in Public Health with interests in:
- pharmacoepidemiology, in particular psychiatric adverse drug reactions (depression, non-fatal self-harm and suicide) associated with varenicline, a smoking cessation medicine and antidepressants
- use of large primary care databases such as the Clinical Practice Research Datalink (CPRD) for observational research including novel study designs for dealing with confounding by indication such as instrumental variables and case only designs
- substance dependence and addiction (prescription opioid dependence)
- mental health research (suicide and self-harm) and suicide prevention
- trends in suicide in the UK and internationally
A cost-effectiveness analysis of smoking cessation interventions in the UK accounting for major neuropsychiatric adverse eventsKeeney, E., Welton, N. J., Stevenson, M., Dalili, M. N., Lopez-Lopez, J. A., Caldwell, D. M., Phillippo, D. M., Munafo, M. R. & Thomas, K. H., 5 Dec 2020, (Accepted/In press) In: Value in Health.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article (Academic Journal) › peer-review
Measuring outcomes in trials of interventions for people who self-harm: Qualitative study of service users’ viewsOwens, C., Fox, F., Redwood, S., Davies, R., Foote, L., Salisbury, N., Williams, S., Biddle, L. & Thomas, K., 12 Feb 2020, In: BJPsych Open. 6, 2, 8 p., e22.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article (Academic Journal) › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile93 Downloads (Pure)
Risk of neuropsychiatric and cardiovascular adverse events following treatment with varenicline and nicotine replacement therapy in the UK Clinical Practice Research Datalink: a case–cross‐over studyThomas, K. H., Davies, N. M., Taylor, A. E., Taylor, G. M. J., Gunnell, D. J., Martin, R. M. & Douglas, I., 14 Dec 2020, In: Addiction. 14 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article (Academic Journal) › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile15 Downloads (Pure)