Projects per year
I am an Associate Professor in Public Health Medicine with interests in:
- pharmacoepidemiology, in particular psychiatric adverse drug reactions (depression, non-fatal self-harm and suicide) associated with varenicline, a smoking cessation medicine and antidepressants
- use of large primary care databases such as the Clinical Practice Research Datalink (CPRD) for observational research including novel study designs for dealing with confounding by indication such as instrumental variables and case only designs
- substance dependence and addiction (prescription opioid dependence)
- mental health research (suicide and self-harm) and suicide prevention
- trends in suicide in the UK and internationally
- 1 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
- 1 Finished
Should I Stay or Should I Go? A Qualitative Exploration of Stigma and Other Factors Influencing Opioid Agonist Treatment JourneysCarlisle, V., Maynard, O. M., Bagnall, D., Hickman, M., Shorrock, J., Thomas, K. H. & Kesten, J., 14 Jan 2023, In: International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 20, 2, 20 p., 1526.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article (Academic Journal) › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile8 Downloads (Pure)
Analysis of the UK Government’s 10-Year Drugs Strategy—a resource for practitioners and policymakersHolland, A., Stevens, A., Harris, M., Lewer, D., Sumnall, H., Stewart, D., Gilvarry, E., Wiseman, A., Howkins, J., McManus, J., Shorter, G. W., Nicholls, J., Scott, J., Thomas, K., Reid, L., Day, E., Horsley, J., Measham, F., Rae, M., Fenton, K., & 1 others, 29 Oct 2022, In: Journal of Public Health. 10 p., fdac114.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article (Academic Journal) › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile12 Downloads (Pure)
Comparative clinical effectiveness and safety of tobacco cessation pharmacotherapies and electronic cigarettes: a systematic review and network meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsThomas, K. H., Dalili, M. N., López-López, J. A., Keeney, E., Phillippo, D. M., Munafò, M. R., Stevenson, M., Caldwell, D. M. & Welton, N. J., 8 Mar 2022, In: Addiction. 117, 4, p. 861-876 16 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Review article (Academic Journal) › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile11 Citations (Scopus)94 Downloads (Pure)
NIHR Public Health Programme Research Grant Award
Dalili, Michael N (Recipient) & Thomas, Kyla H (Recipient), 1 Aug 2020
Prize: Prizes, Medals, Awards and Grants