Projects per year
My main research interest is mathematical modelling of real-world systems, in a wide range of application areas from engineering to the life sciences. I am an expert in the theory and computation of nonlinear dynamical systems, especially those that are nonsmooth.
Current research problems include:
- Hearing mechanisms in mammals and insects,
- Collective behaviour of insect swarms,
- High-speed atomic force microscopy,
- Temperature-mediated architectural adaptations of plants,
- Noise and vibration in gearboxes and other mechanical systems,
- Cellular dynamics of intestinal crypts,
- AMR in gonorrhoea,
- Dynamical systems approaches to complexity sciences,
- Smart materials.
Structured keywords and research groupings
- Smart Networks for Sustainable Futures
- 1 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
Limited impact of contact tracing in a University setting for COVID-19 due to asymptomatic transmission and social distancingStocks, D. A., Nixon, E. J., Trickey, A. J. W., Homer, M. E. & Brooks Pollock, E., 2021, (medRxiv).
Research output: Working paper › Preprint
Fahimipour, A., Zeng, F., Homer, M. E., Levin, S. A. & Gross, T., 2021, (Submitted) In: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article (Academic Journal)
Cross-talk between Hippo and Wnt signalling pathways in intestinal crypts: Insights from an agent-based modelWard, D., Montes Olivas, S., Fletcher, A., Homer, M. & Marucci, L., 10 Jan 2020, In: Computational and Structural Biotechnology Journal. 18, p. 230-240 11 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article (Academic Journal) › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile4 Citations (Scopus)217 Downloads (Pure)