Projects per year
My main research interest is mathematical modelling of real-world systems, in a wide range of application areas from engineering to the life sciences. I am an expert in the theory and computation of nonlinear dynamical systems, especially those that are nonsmooth.
Current research problems include:
- Hearing mechanisms in mammals and insects,
- Collective behaviour of insect swarms,
- High-speed atomic force microscopy,
- Temperature-mediated architectural adaptations of plants,
- Noise and vibration in gearboxes and other mechanical systems,
- Cellular dynamics of intestinal crypts,
- AMR in gonorrhoea,
- Dynamical systems approaches to complexity sciences,
- Smart materials.
Structured keywords and research groupings
- Smart Networks for Sustainable Futures
Cross-talk between Hippo and Wnt signalling pathways in intestinal crypts: Insights from an agent-based modelWard, D., Montes Olivas, S., Fletcher, A., Homer, M. & Marucci, L., 10 Jan 2020, In : Computational and Structural Biotechnology Journal. 18, p. 230-240 11 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article (Academic Journal)Open AccessFile2 Citations (Scopus)229 Downloads (Pure)
Agent-based modelling study of antimicrobial resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae transmission in men who have sex with men: towards individualised diagnosis and treatmentZienkiewicz, A., Verschueren van Rees, N., Homer, M., Ong, J., Christensen, H., Hill, D., Looker, K., Horner, P. J., Hughes, G. & Turner, K., 3 Sep 2019, In : Sexual Health. 9 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article (Academic Journal)Open AccessFile1 Citation (Scopus)117 Downloads (Pure)
Montes-Olivas, S., Marucci, L. & Homer, M., 19 Sep 2019, In : Frontiers in Genetics. 10, 10 p., 873.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Review article (Academic Journal)Open AccessFile5 Citations (Scopus)214 Downloads (Pure)