Projects per year
- Transcriptomics and proteonomics in congenital heart disease
- Identifying the optimal stem cell populations for vascular tissue regeneration used in congenital heart surgery
- Regenerative stem cell biology for children with heart failure
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Bicuspid aortic valve and Marfan syndrome
- Effect of oxidative stress in cardiomyocytes during different stages of postnatal development
- The role of mitochondria in increased vulnerability to cardiac insults of hearts and cardiomyocytes isolated from mice fed Western style high-fat diet
- The role of ventricular arrhythmias in sudden death associated with coronary artery disease
- Effect of oxidative stress and the role of mitochondria in hearts with chronic coronary artery disease
- The role of amino acids in cardioprotection
- Lung protection in cardiopulmonary bypass and cardioplegic arrest
- Improving myocardial protection strategies in paediatric cardiac surgery
- RCTs on different temperature and oxygen strategies during CPB in children undergoing cardiac surgery (Thermic and Oxic Trials)
- Imaging and outcomes in adult congenital heart disease
- Atrial arrhytmias in adult and congenital cardiac diseases
- Age-related changes in excitation-contraction coupling in paediatric cardiomyocytes
- Cardioprotection with propofol during adult open heart surgery
Current group members
- Mohamed Ghorbel, Hua Lin, Sarah Martin, Jihad Hawi, Ben Littlejohns, Simon Duggan
Gianni Angelini, Paolo Madeddu, Andrew Halestrap, Elinor Griffiths, Raimondo Ascione, Jamie Jeremy, Barney Reeves, Andy James, Clive Orchard, Jules Hancox, Mervyn Miles, Claire Stewart.
Andrea Venturini (Italy), Hajime Imura (Japan), Nicola King (Australia), Malcolm Underwood (Hong Kong), Chris Howarth (UAE), Camille Nassar (Lebanon).
Rapetto, F., Bruno, V. D., Rajakaruna, C., Bryan, A. J., Parry, A. J., Caputo, M. & Stoica, S. C., 15 Feb 2021, In: European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article (Academic Journal) › peer-review
Ascertaining and classifying cases of congenital anomalies in the ALSPAC birth cohort [version 2; peer review: 3 approved]Taylor, K., Thomas, R., Mumme, M., Golding, J., Boyd, A., Northstone, K., Caputo, M. & Lawlor, D. A., 14 Apr 2021, In: Wellcome Open Research. 5
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article (Academic Journal) › peer-reviewOpen Access
Cardiac pericytes can be pharmacologically redirected towards a smooth muscle phenotype to enhance the revascularisation of the ischemic heartAvolio, E., Katare, R. G., Thomas, A. C., Caporali, A., Schwenke, D., Meloni, M., Caputo, M. & Madeddu, P. R., 15 Feb 2021, (Unpublished) p. 13. 1 p.
Research output: Contribution to conference › Conference Abstract › peer-reviewFile1 Downloads (Pure)