Projects per year
- Transcriptomics and proteonomics in congenital heart disease
- Identifying the optimal stem cell populations for vascular tissue regeneration used in congenital heart surgery
- Regenerative stem cell biology for children with heart failure
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Bicuspid aortic valve and Marfan syndrome
- Effect of oxidative stress in cardiomyocytes during different stages of postnatal development
- The role of mitochondria in increased vulnerability to cardiac insults of hearts and cardiomyocytes isolated from mice fed Western style high-fat diet
- The role of ventricular arrhythmias in sudden death associated with coronary artery disease
- Effect of oxidative stress and the role of mitochondria in hearts with chronic coronary artery disease
- The role of amino acids in cardioprotection
- Lung protection in cardiopulmonary bypass and cardioplegic arrest
- Improving myocardial protection strategies in paediatric cardiac surgery
- RCTs on different temperature and oxygen strategies during CPB in children undergoing cardiac surgery (Thermic and Oxic Trials)
- Imaging and outcomes in adult congenital heart disease
- Atrial arrhytmias in adult and congenital cardiac diseases
- Age-related changes in excitation-contraction coupling in paediatric cardiomyocytes
- Cardioprotection with propofol during adult open heart surgery
Current group members
- Mohamed Ghorbel, Hua Lin, Sarah Martin, Jihad Hawi, Ben Littlejohns, Simon Duggan
Gianni Angelini, Paolo Madeddu, Andrew Halestrap, Elinor Griffiths, Raimondo Ascione, Jamie Jeremy, Barney Reeves, Andy James, Clive Orchard, Jules Hancox, Mervyn Miles, Claire Stewart.
Andrea Venturini (Italy), Hajime Imura (Japan), Nicola King (Australia), Malcolm Underwood (Hong Kong), Chris Howarth (UAE), Camille Nassar (Lebanon).
- 1 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
- 2 Finished
Iacobazzi, D., Alvino, V. V., Caputo, M. & Madeddu, P. R., 26 May 2022, In: Frontiers in Cardiovascular Medicine. 9, 19 p., 892861.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Review article (Academic Journal) › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile20 Downloads (Pure)
Cardiac pericyte reprogramming by MEK inhibition promotes arteriologenesis and angiogenesis of the ischemic heartAvolio, E., Katare, R. G., Thomas, A. C., Caporali, A., Schwenke, D., Carrabba, M., Meloni, M., Caputo, M. & Madeddu, P. R., 16 May 2022, In: Journal of Clinical Investigation. 132, 10, p. 1-17 e152308.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article (Academic Journal) › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile1 Citation (Scopus)15 Downloads (Pure)
Deep recurrent reinforced learning model to compare the efficacy of targeted local versus national measures on the spread of COVID-19 in the UKDong, T., Angelini, G. D., Fudulu, D. P., Benedetto, U., Sinha, S., Dimagli, A., Chan, J. & Caputo, M., 21 Feb 2022, In: BMJ Open. 12, 2, e048279.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article (Academic Journal) › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile4 Downloads (Pure)
- 1 Other