Projects per year
I have an interest in new and emerging technologies (VR, AR, Voice assisted technology, IoT devices) and how they can be used to support self-monitoring and management in people with long term health conditions (e.g. Parkinson's, dementia, mental health, COPD, stroke). I am also interested in how these technologies can support people within caring roles, or within care settings (e.g. assisted living).
I have a clinical background as a Speech and Language Therapist (SLT), and so am always interested in projects exploring how digital technology can support SLT practice.
My current active projects are exploring:
- The detection of mental health behaviours relating to self-harm, and binge eating and bulimia using mobile phone interactions
- The Co-Design of mobile applications to support clinical training of SLTs in Ghana
- The role of Alexa to support people with Parkinson's in improving speech clarity
- The use of the SPHERE platform (home based sensing) in detecting symptoms of Parkinson's
- Data supported decision making in COPD care (PhD supervision of Helena Tendedez, Lancaster Uni)
- The Co-Design of VR experiences with people transitioning into assisted living facilities
I am currently accepting PhD students
Visiting Researcher, Newcastle University
Structured keywords and research groupings
- Digital Health
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Long term conditions
- self monitoring and management technologies
- Mental Health
- User centred design
- human computer interaction
- 1 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
- 2 Finished
14/01/19 → 31/07/19
1/09/18 → 30/11/19
Amazon Echo Show as a Multimodal Human-to-Human Care Support Tool within Self-Isolating Older UK HouseholdsSoubutts, E., Ayobi, A., Eardley, R., McNaney, R., Cater, K. F. & O'Kane, A. A., 14 Mar 2022, (Accepted/In press) CSCW 22: Proceedings of the 2022 ACM conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing. Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), (CSCW).
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Conference Contribution (Conference Proceeding)
Peraza, L., Kinnunen, K., McNaney, R., Craddock, I. J., Whone, A. L., Morgan, C. A. M., Joules, R. & Wolz, R., 11 Dec 2021, In: Sensors. 21, 24, p. 8286 1 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article (Academic Journal) › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile
Morgan, C. A. M., Heidarivincheh, F., Craddock, I., Mcconville, R., Perello Nieto, M., Tonkin, E. L., Masullo, A., Vafeas, A. T., Kim, M., Mcnaney, R., Tourte, G. J. L. & Whone, A. L., 26 Mar 2021, 2021 IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshops and other Affiliated Events, PerCom Workshops 2021: 2021 IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshops and other Affiliated Events (PerCom Workshops). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), p. 471-474 4 p. 9431017. (2021 IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshops and other Affiliated Events, PerCom Workshops 2021).
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Conference Contribution (Conference Proceeding)Open AccessFile54 Downloads (Pure)