Projects per year
- General area of research is Molecular Parasitology, specifically parasitic protozoa
- The mechanism of genetic exchange (sexual reproduction) in trypanosomes
- Molecular evolution of trypanosomes
- Taxonomy of trypanosomes and epidemiology of sleeping sickness and animal trypanosomiasis
- Development and differentiation of trypanosomes within the tsetse vector
Further information about my research can be found by following this link to the Molecular Parasitology Group home page.
Structured keywords and research groupings
- Cabot Institute Food Security Research
- 1 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
- 4 Finished
1/11/18 → 31/10/20
1/04/15 → 31/03/18
Farren, C., Bailey, M., Carrington, M. & Gibson, W. C., 11 May 2021, In: Communications Biology. 4, COMMSBIO-20-1291B.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article (Academic Journal) › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile5 Downloads (Pure)
1 Citation (Scopus)
A receptor for the complement regulator factor H increases transmission of trypanosomes to tsetse fliesMacleod, O. J. S., Bart, J-M., Macgregor, P., Peacock, L., Hester, S., Ravel, S., Sunter, J. D., Trevor, C., Rust, S., Vaughan, T. J., Minter, R., Mohammed, S., Gibson, W., Taylor, M. C., Higgins, M. K. & Carrington, M., 12 Mar 2020, In: Nature Communications. 11, 12 p., 1326 (2020).
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article (Academic Journal) › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile6 Citations (Scopus)40 Downloads (Pure)