Transcriptional profiling of Campylobacter jejuni during colonization of the chick cecum identified 59 genes that were differentially expressed in vivo compared with the genes in vitro. The data suggest that C. jejuni regulates electron transport and central metabolic pathways to alter its physiological state during establishment in the chick cecum.
- Adaptation, Physiological
- Campylobacter Infections/metabolism
- Campylobacter jejuni/genetics
- Electron Transport
- Gene Expression/physiology
- Gene Expression Profiling
- Oligonucleotide Array Sequence Analysis