Projects per year
1. To assess the impact of needle/syringe programmes with and without opiate substitution therapy (OST) on the incidence of
HCV infection among people who inject drugs (PWID).
2. To assess the effect of OST alone on the incidence of HCV infection among PWID.
1. How effective are needle/syringe programmes (NSP) with and without the use of OST for reducing HCV incidence among
2. How effective is OST alone for reducing HCV incidence among PWID?
3. How does the effect of NSP and OST vary according to duration of treatment (i.e. for NSPs weekly attendance versus monthly)?
4. How does the effect of NSP vary according to the type of service (fixed site versus mobile; high coverage versus low coverage)?
5. How does the effect of OST vary according to the dosage of OST, type of substitution used and adherence to treatment?