We examined single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in IL18 and IL18/R1 genes and knee OA. IL18 rs1946518 wild-type allele was more frequently observed in cases (P = 0.04). Haplotype 1 was more frequently observed in cases (P = 0.04). Genetic variation in the promoter region of IL18, but not IL18R1, may be associated with OA.
Bibliographical note© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Case-Control Studies
- Chromosomes, Human
- European Continental Ancestry Group
- Gene Frequency
- Genetic Predisposition to Disease
- Genetic Testing
- Genome, Human
- Interleukin-18 Receptor alpha Subunit
- Middle Aged
- Osteoarthritis, Knee
- Polymorphism, Single Nucleotide
- Promoter Regions, Genetic