Projects per year
We present the simulation, fabrication, and optical characterization of low-index polymeric rod-connected diamond (RCD) structures. Such complex three-dimensional photonic crystal structures are created via direct laser writing by two-photon polymerization. To our knowledge, this is the first measurement at near-infrared wavelengths, showing partial photonic bandgaps for this structure. We characterize structures in transmission and reflection using angular resolved Fourier image spectroscopy to visualize the band structure. Comparison of the numerical simulations of such structures with the experimentally measured data show good agreement for both P- and S-polarizations.
- Photonics and Quantum
- Photonic crystals
- Microstructure fabrication
- Laser materials processing
- Nanophotonics and photonic crystals
FingerprintDive into the research topics of 'Evidence of near-infrared partial photonic bandgap in polymeric rod-connected diamond structures'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.
- School of Electrical, Electronic and Mechanical Engineering - Professor of Optical Communication Systems
- The Bristol Centre for Nanoscience and Quantum Information
- QET Labs
Person: Academic , Member