(1) implement a phased approach to a ‘new normal’;
(2) balance individual rights with the social good;
(3) prioritise people at highest risk of negative consequences;
(4) provide special support for healthcare workers and caring staff;
(5) build, strengthen and maintain trust;
(6) enlist existing social norms and foster healthy new norms;
(7) increase resilience and self-efficacy;
(8) use clear and positive language;
(9) anticipate and manage misinformation and
(10) engage with media outlets.
The transition phase should also be informed by real time data according to which governmental responses should be updated.
- Cognitive Science
- human behaviour
- social policy