Common polymorphisms in the transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) gene are strongly associated with Type 2 diabetes. Many studies include a large proportion of cases enriched for family history or young age of diagnosis and may therefore provide an overestimation of the general population risk. We aimed to compare the impact of TCF7L2 in UK community-based Type 2 diabetic subjects with that in subjects ascertained for genetic studies.
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2
- Genetic Predisposition to Disease
- Middle Aged
- Polymorphism, Single Nucleotide
- TCF Transcription Factors
- Transcription Factor 7-Like 2 Protein